Sunday, December 12, 2010

Missing Parties

Friday was my middle niece's 2nd birthday... Yesterday was her party.

I have officially missed all of her yearly milestones. When she was born I was in AIT (Advanced Individual Training) for the Army Reserves. On her first birthday, I was in Iraq. This year, I had just finished my first week of work in Denver.

I at least got to talk to her on the phone, as well as her older sister. She seemed pretty happy about that. And my brother in law sent me video of her blowing out her candles... which was nice. Apparently most of the family couldn't attend due to a big snow storm in Iowa and the rest of the midwest. My parents were able to make it, as well as her other grandparents.

My sister informed me that she really liked the I Love Monkey set I got her. She's kind of a crazy little monkey herself, so I figured it would be a big hit.

I also missed our company Holiday Party. I was planning on going, but was just exhausted yesterday. I don't know why or what from... but I just really wasn't in the mood to get dressed up and drive an hour to the party, and then worry about getting home later. So I just stayed home with my "roomies" and we played games and went to bed at a decent time. I should have gone to the party to get to know my colleagues, but it's too late now...

No comments:

Post a Comment